Man Caves: The Gamer Edition
This post may include affiliate links. You can find my affiliate disclosure here
Today we’re going to do something a little different; we’re going to have a quick post on Man Caves: The Gamer Edition. Exciting stuff!
If your husband (or boyfriend) is anything like mine, this post is for you! The Husband is a huge video game geek. He usually works until 10:30pm or 11pm and when he gets home all he wants to do is relax. Our usual evening routine is spent either binge watching Netflix together, or he plays video games on Xbox Live while I fuel my Pinterest obsession.
Now, I love that The Husband has time to relax, but sometimes I like to enjoy my evening without the sound of gunfire from the first person shooter games he plays resonating in the background, and without gaming gear spread out around our living room. Our home is so small that my only other option is to retreat to my bedroom to get some peace and quiet. My goal for our new home is to create an amazing man cave specifically designed for gaming for him to chill out in (this would be perfect for Punky too!). Below you’ll find the perfect décor for any person who loves their gaming systems as much as The Husband loves his. The man cave essentials and room decor below is suited toward Xbox One gamers, as currently that’s the only console The Husband plays on.
The Important Bits: Televisions, Consoles, and Games
No man cave is complete without a television, a games console (or three!), or an adequate amount of games and accessories. Here are some of The Husband’s favorites:
- Xbox One S 4K Ultra HD 1TB Special Edition Green Console with Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Games and Accessories – $559.95 (HSN)
- VIZIO® D-Series™ 55″ 54.6″ Diag. 2160p 120Hz Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV D55-E0 – $569.99 (Target)
- Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller – $149.99 (Target)
- Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians The Master Chief Wireless Controller – $69.99 (Target)
- Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5 Guardians Wireless Controller – $69.99 (Target)
- Xbox One Special Edition Stereo Headset – White – $64.99 (Target)
- Destiny 2 – $59.99 (Target)
- Fallout 4 – $39.99 (Target)
- Fortnite – $59.99 (Target)
Seating needs to be comfortable for extended gaming sessions when you just can’t tear yourself away from an intense campaign on your favorite game. The seating options below are comfortable and stylish.
- Red Barrel Studio Maumee 2 piece bonded leather reclining living room sofa set – $1,150 (Wayfair)
- Urban Outfitters Yogibo Max Oversized Lounge Cushion – $269 (Urban Outfitters)
- Modloft Perry Preconfigured U Sectional Sofa – $5,399 (2Modern)
- ACE BAYOU X-Rocker Pro Series H3 Audio Gaming Chair – $760 (JC Penney)
- Klaussner Loomis Sectional Sofa in Charcoal – $2,826 (Bed Bath and Beyond)
- Asstd National Brand Victoria Leather Sofa + Loveseat Set – $6,290 (JC Penney)
Everyone needs to be able to tidy their things away eventually. We currently have over 600 video games from several different systems, so we need adequate storage for each and every game and console. Below are some of the best options for gamers that still blend in with the aesthetic of your man cave.
- Windowpane Cabinet Media Storage – $179.99 (Target)
- Wood Milk Crate Large – $16.99 (Target)
- Grant Media Storage Rack – Black – Prepac – $224.99 (Target)
- Premier TV Stand with Media Storage – Black – Prepac – $239.99 (Target)
- Asstd National Brand Venturas Game Storage Tower – $54 (JC Penney)
- Faux Leather Cube Storage Bin 13″ – Threshold™ – $12.99 (Target)
- 8-Cube Organizer Shelf 11″ – Room Essentials™ – $39.99 (Target)
- Asstd National Brand Raynor Media Storage Cabinet – $730 (JC Penney)
Your gamer guy may not even care how his man cave is decorated (The Husband isn’t fussed with certain styles). But if you’re like me and want to make it aesthetically pleasing but also comfortable, these next items will surely please even the most discerning decorator!
- Master Chief Halo 5 Guardians poster – $14.95+ (etsy)
- Fallout 4 nuka cola poster – $3 (etsy)
- Personalized Father’s Day gift for gamer pillow – $30.05+ (etsy)
- Eat Sleep Repeat poster – $6.95+ (etsy)
- Glass topped accent table – $195 (TheRealReal)
- I’d rather be gaming controller pillowcase – $14.86+ (etsy)
- Vault-tec pin up poster – $14.99 (etsy)
- Battlefield 1 poster – $8+ (etsy)
- Destiny 5pk posters – $27.31+ (etsy)
- Syrah Coffee Table with frosted glass dark espresso winsome – $149.99 (Target)
- SIGNATURE DESIGN BY ASHLEY Signature Design By Ashley Tivion End Table – $200 (JC Penney)
- Star Wars Battlefront poster – $15 (etsy)
- Urban Outfitters Geometric Metal Side Table – $49 (Urban Outfitters)
- Turkish Area Carpet Rug, Green Vintage Handmade Decorative Carpet Rug, Anatolian Home Decor Green Wool Floor Carpet Rug – $250 (etsy)
- Surya Outback beige light gray area rug – $99-$1,088 (Wayfair)
- Xbox One Giant Controller Coffee Table – $1,999 (etsy)
- Keep calm and let the games begin poster – $1.45+ (etsy)
- Xbox inspired controllers print – $7+ (etsy)
Lighting is essential to the gaming experience. The lighting you provide shouldn’t be harsh because glare on a screen will severely impact the gaming experience, but you also don’t want it to be too dim in order to avoid eye strain. Hopefully you’ll enjoy the options below!
- Lite Source Firmino 1 Light Table Lamp – Walnut, Chrome – $174 (Target)
- Tripod Floor Lamp – Antique Brass – $75.99 (Target)
- Southern Pass Floor Lamp Bronze Beekman 1802 FarmHouse – $90.98 (Target)
- JHUNT HOME Dcor Therapy Walnut Ridge Table Lamp – $59.99 (JC Penney)
- Square Stick Floor Lamp White (Includes CFL Bulb) – Threshold – $37.99 (Target)
- Emilio Chrome Table Lamp – $99.99 (Target)
Wall Colors for your Man Cave
I like to keep wall color neutral to create focal points in the decor. For the items above, I’ve chosen a cool grey for the walls to really make everything pop. The Sherwin Williams paint below would suit any type of decor as a neutral backdrop. I’d paint the room in Balboa Mist, the trim with Gauntlet Gray, and the ceiling Simply White for contrast.
How would you decorate your man cave?