C&K Family ‘s Top 20 Christmas Songs
Now that Thanksgiving and Black Friday are completely over, I finally have a few minutes to breathe. I apologize for the lack of posts last week. Our house has been hit pretty hard by the cold (again!), and I’ve been nursing everyone back to health. In other news, the shop will be open sometime this week! I’ll update social media when this happens. I’ve been working extremely hard getting everything ready between running to get tissues and making soup. What have I been listening to while I’m tethered to my computer, working? The C&K Family Christmas Playlist! This is my personal Top 20 Christmas Songs that we listen to every single year.
Putting up the Tree
I promised Punky sometime a few weeks ago that the Friday after Thanksgiving was the day that we could officially start celebrating Christmas by putting up the tree. I assembled it and strung the lights on, and Punky decorated it. It looks great! He really did a fantastic job, though no surprise here, he clumped the ornaments in sets of two. Every Christmas tree needs a pair of balls, right? It’s become tradition from the very first year he was allowed to help decorate. It may be crude to have pairs of balls on the tree, but my family fairly crude too. No matter what time of year it is, fart jokes, stories about poo, and more will make their way into our conversations (for some reason right around dinner time). That’s life with boys, I suppose!
If you’re wondering, our artificial Christmas tree is decorated in (mostly) shatterproof ornaments in very light Gold, Silver, and Purple, with accents of white feathered birds, owls, and homemade ornaments that Punky made in school. As he gets older (and less clumsy), we’ll start transitioning away from the shatterproof ornaments to glass, but Punky’s handmade ornaments will always feature on my tree. I really love the look of real crystal ornaments hanging on a tree with white lights. But then again, I’ve always enjoyed a mix of handmade and the finer things in life!
While we put up our tree, I played our Christmas playlist on Youtube. You won’t find “Mama got ran over by a reindeer” on this list!
C&K’s Top 20 Christmas Songs
- All I want for Christmas is you – Mariah Carey
- Have a Funky Funky Christmas – New Kids On The Block
- Little Drummer Boy – The Vienna Boys Choir (Punky’s Favorite)
- Silent Night – Frank Sinatra
- Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire – Nat King Cole
- Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
- Let It Snow – Dean Martin
- O Holy Night – Il Divo
- White Christmas – Bing Crosby
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Michael Buble
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas – Michael Buble
- Ave Maria – Luciano Pavarotti
- Silver Bells – Michael Buble
- Carol of the Bells – Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Walking In A Winter Wonderland – Dean Martin
- Frosty The Snowman – Perry Como
- Angels We Have Heard On High – Andrea Bocelli (My favorite)
- Baby It’s Cold Outside – Idina Menzel
- What do you get a Wookie for Christmas (When he already owns a comb?) – Meco
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing – Mariah Carey
I do enjoy mostly classic Christmas songs as you can see, though there are a few silly songs thrown in too. The New Kids on the Block song “Have a Funky Funky Christmas” and What do you get a Wookie for Christmas (When he already owns a comb?) are added to the list just for the fun factor! While Baby It’s Cold Outside is a classic, I admit it is kind of creepy. It still makes the list because I’ve heard it every single year at some point of the holiday season.
What are your favorite Christmas songs? Do you have a set playlist you listen to every year? Leave a comment here or on Facebook or Twitter so I can get to know my readers a little better!